Thursday, March 17, 2011

Heading to Ofunato

I have finally gotten onto a convoy heading south to help out!  My base is sending down a 10K all terrain forklift to help out in the town of Ofunato and I am one of only a few people in my unit authorized to drive the trailer that can transport it.  It looks like I will be there for a few days so I may not be able to update since electricity and cell coverage is not so good down there.

I do plan on taking a lot of pictures if I get to see anything, and I will make sure to get them online when I get back.  I am leaving in just a few hours and need to get some sleep right now.  My family shouldn't worry about me too much!  The worst is over and I am not in danger.  Misawa AB is in a great place to be able to help the Japanese and I consider myself lucky to take part in it this operation.

See ya'll in a few days!

3 comments:

  1. Really good info - it's appreciated. Watch yourself while you're out & about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your service and stay safe, your doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay safe!! Thank You for your service!!
    I will add you to my blogroll, next chance I get!!

    ReplyDelete